Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Angels afghan

My husband's favorite baseball team is the Angels, so for Christmas, I crocheted him this Angels afghan with each of the eight logos used over the years, plus the additional logo that was used on the sleve (the one with the state of CA) and the name that is on the front of the jersey.  Because it was a surprise, I only worked on it when he wasn't around - I didn't finish it by Christmas, so he got a box with nine panels with only three logos on it.  I finished it a couple of weeks ago.
The very basic instructions are:
Using an afghan hook (I think I used a 10 1/2) and afghan stitch, crochet nine panels of 68 stitches by 60 rows.  Edge each panel with a single crochet (sc) in each stitch/row around, working 3 sc in each corner.  I downloaded the logos from the internet and put them on a grid and cross-stitched them on each panel.  Join the panels (3 x 3) and edge the afghan with 2 rows of red and one of white, working 3 sc in each corner.
Needless to say, my husband loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment